Friday, July 8, 2011

Naiad..another jab at animation driven fluid dynamics.

This has been quite a busy week. I'm working on a project as well as trying to get a grip on Naiad and its workflow. Its been great so far. Somehow it has made the under the hood operations of fluid simulations even clearer to me. I guess trying to work on an unfamiliar software and interface sort of coaxes my mind to reason out with every step that I take. Forcing me to think why should I go with a particular operator and why not to go with some other operator.

Anyways, I was always stuck at a point where I did have the fluid imitating the movement of the torus but it was more like plastic deforming after some time. There were no fluid movements visible.
With help from Michael Davis at the exotic matter forum I was able to fix that.
Here's a flipbook of it:



 I will continue to keep testing with it and post some results here.

No comments: